Thursday, June 8, 2017

Swatch & Review | Polish 'M Gold Digger & Silver Lining


Hi, everyone! I hope everyone is having a marvelous day, today! Today, I have swatches to share with you of a couple of nail polishes from one of my favorite indie makers, Polish 'M!

Polish 'M Gold Digger & Silver Lining

Let's take a look at some swatches of Gold Digger and Silver Lining from indie maker Polish 'M, along with some nail art using each of them. :)

Gold Digger and Silver Lining from Polish 'M are polishes that have been previously released, and at the moment are no longer available, unless you manage to magically find them in a destash. These two polishes are versatile in that you can wear them on their own, or as a glitter topper in one coat over a base color. 

Since these are glitter bombs and LOADED with glitter, I used UNT Ready for Takeoff as a base coat for easier removal. After that dried, I applied one coat of each polish, then sponged on another layer of the glittery polish for full coverage. I topped everything off with one coat of Gelous and two coats of Seche Vite for a glossy glass finish. Due to the amount of glitter in the polishes, these will dry to a textured finish on their own, so I doubled down on the topcoat to smooth out any bumpy bits. 


Polish 'M Gold Digger

Here is Gold Digger, a yellow gold glitter bomb full of holographic gold glitters and microglitters in a clear base. This gold glitter bomb is giving me pirate treasure vibes as it reminds me of gold doubloons.
Polish 'M Gold Digger

Polish 'M Gold Digger

Here is the nail art I paired with this gold stunner.
Polish 'M Gold Digger - stamping

I used a couple of stamping plates from Lina Nail Art Supplies, plate Spooklicious 01 for the skulls on the ring and middle finger, and plate 4 Seasons - Spring 01 for the roses on the index and pinky finger. I filled in the roses for some reverse stamping/decals, a technique I am still learning to master. I had a couple of mishaps and they didn't come out perfectly, but I am trying to remain positive and chalk it up to them looking more vintage because of the errors.

Polish 'M Gold Digger - stamping macro

Polish 'M Gold Digger - stamping macro


Polish 'M Silver Lining
Up next, we have Silver Lining, another gorgeous glitter bomb. This one is just as sparkly as Gold Digger, with the only noticeable difference being that this one contains silver holographic bar glitter while Gold Digger does not. This would also be amazing in one coat over a base color, soo much glitter even in a coat or two.



I added some stamping over my swatch using four colors from Moonflower Polish's Spring 2017 collection: Mango, Apple, Lemon, and Hydrangea. Stamped with a design from Lina Nail Art Supplies stamping plate Make Your Mark 01.



I apologize if the lack of availability is frustrating to readers, but I had to put this together in case anyone already owns it, hasn't tried it out yet, or for those who do end up finding it via destash and are curious on how it looks.

What did you think? If you love these glitter bombs as much as I do, Michelle is the queen of creating them! She offers a wide variety of colors and finishes year-round, so please make sure to check out her shop linked below for what is currently available. :)

Polish 'M
Shop | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Thanks for stopping by!
Krystle
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment